Information We Collect
In running and maintaining this website we collect and process the following data about you in the interests of running the community:
- Anonymous statistical information about your use of the site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you including when you opt in to the email list, submit an email enquiry, provide your email address or phone number.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
Information We Do Not Collect
If you’re a sponsor or are donating, please be aware we do not have access to any card payment details.
Cookies provide information regarding the computer used by a visitor. We use Google Analytics cookies to gather information about your computer in order to assist in improving the website.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these Analytics cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the “reject cookies” settings in your internet browser of choice.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to make decisions about areas of topical interest and the availability and invitation of speakers and guests.
In addition to this we gather double opt-in email subscription list data for the following purposes:
- To inform you of any changes to the website, change of meeting venue, to ask you to respond to an event invitation
- To segment our email list into particular groups of people who have made particular specifications about their WordPress skill level and/or interest of
- To ask for volunteers to help with the running of the event, such as lending equipment
- To ask for donations or sponsorship to cover running costs of any events
Storing Your Personal Data
We transfer your consensually given email subscription list data to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. MailChimp’s servers are based in the United States.
We do our upmost to ensure all reasonable steps are taken to make sure your data is provided, treated and stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. Though this has never happened we cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. We will freely provide you with any data we hold about you.
Policy Last Updated 14th February 2018